Monday, June 15, 2020

Something Sweet

Can you believe this really happened? 
I was sitting on the couch watching TV and then all of a sudden I got an urge for something sweet to eat. I really did not want to get up because I was comfy on the couch, but the sweet urge took over. 
I looked outside and noticed it was a nice day, the sun was shining, and the birds were chirping. Besides, the store was nearby. I thought, perhaps I will take a walk for something sweet. I began to think of what I might want. 
Mmm, perhaps some chocolate. Chocolate ice cream or a cake. Maybe, an apple pie. 
After getting up from my comfortable place on the couch, I put my shoes on and began my walk to the store. 
While walking to the store I noticed an older gentleman in his front yard reaching for some fruit from his fruit tree. I smiled and asked him if he needed any assistance, he replied yes. 
As I began to walk closer to the gentleman and the fruit tree, a lady came from the front door and asked what I was doing.
I replied by introducing myself and explaining that I was a neighbor and I just wanted to help. She then said…..


More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Okay, what happened next??? Some thoughts:
    A) the older gentleman was taking fruit from her fruit tree and he didn't even live there...and she angrily told you both to leave.
    B) As the woman came closer, you noticed she looked really familiar. You knew her from your your past, long ago, but she looked so different now...
    C) She sweetly thanked you for helping her father, and told you to take all the fruit you want anytime.




    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to think she appreciated your act of kindness as such, and smiled and invited you to sit for a cold lemonade. They encourage you to take some of their sweet fruit home for yourself and your family to enjoy. I like to think that you sat there with the old man, in the shady bliss of a warm summer day, and that maybe he shared with you some stories of his lifetime. Maybe they were big important stories, maybe they were really little ones... none the less, they all say so much. And then I see you, just smiling and beaming in appreciating that moment with another beautiful being, just being.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, You Do!